Wednesday, September 9, 2009

True Beauty

When the youth group went to the Grand Canyon, I couldn't help but be amazed by the magnificent beauty and staggering views that it produced. As I looked down a straight drop off, shivers sending down my spine, I was in awe of the power that the canyon gave off; it was almost humbling to see a such a large natural occurrence and realize how small we really are. As I looked across the 10 miles that the canyon spanned for the first time, I couldn't help but drop my jaw wide open. I will always remember that we were listening to Hips Don't Lie as the first glimpse of the canyon appeared through the evergreen trees.

The sheer beauty of the canyon was amazing, to say the least, yet that is not the type of beauty that I think should be appreciated, almost worshiped, as it is. While this was truly one of God's magnificent creations, it doesn't even compare to the beauty of his most divine and truly beautiful creation.

True Beauty.

True Beauty is not any natural landmark or any technological advancement for that matter. True Beauty is you and I, he and she, and him and her. It is them, those guys, and us. It is "Hey! What's Up?" and "How are you?". It is late night Facebook chats and middle of the day heart-to-heart talks. It is hanging loose and chilling out. True Beauty. That's Right, I'm talking about relationships, friends, loved ones. While they may go under appreciated and can lack the recognition of some other of God's magnificent creations, they deserve the most appreciation and the most recognition. The True Beauty of relationships is something that I can get used to appreciating.

No comments:

Post a Comment