Sunday, September 6, 2009

To answer your question Bill...

For me, it's sometimes hard to remember that to have a significant impact on someone you don't necessarily need to do something huge and impressive. You don't have to save someone from a burning house or give them CPR to resuscitate them. I mean these things are amazing, but I only experience these situations like once a week so it is hard to do them everyday. So in my life, I try to find significance in the way that I act around others. I try to just respect everyone and try to reflect Jesus through my actions, really to be a light to them. While I am certainly not always right on with this, nor am I a walking worshipper through the hallways of school or the streets of Hinsdale, I think that by having a small impact on someone's life, whether it is helping someone with a homework problem, starting a conversation with a loner, or inviting someone to youth group (all things that can be really hard to do), you can certainly still have a significant impact. So while I certainly wouldn't mind talking to someone at school for a long time and introducing them to God and my beliefs (as difficult as that would be), I know that there are other ways to have a significant impact.

3 comments:

  1. Ahright! What a great reminder. It's awesome to see you being such a light to those around you and being courageos enough to love in a powerful way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good encouraging thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like walking worship to me danny...thanks for the reply

    ReplyDelete