Monday, September 6, 2010

What I Learned While Watching TV

I watched T.V. a lot yesterday. Probably a good 4 or 5 hours. And while watching T.V., I came to many conclusions. For one, Jason Mraz is really cool, and I want to be like him. Ina Garten seems like a very calm and peaceful person to be around, but she doesn't have a big personality. One girl on Cupcake Wars was ditsy and did not deserve to win. I think it would be awesome to run a food truck. And finally, hoarders are crazy and I never want to be one.

Now this is a lot of conclusions, and also a lot of judgements. It's crazy to think of how many judgements I make everyday, and of course, its not always on T.V. personalities. However, this is an awful habit, as it prohibits me from loving people fully, no matter where they are at, showing them God's unconditional love and His boundless grace. Judging from some of my statements above, my love for some certainly can be conditional.

As I move forward into college, I think this maybe one of the most important habits I need to break, especially if I want people to see that I am a follower of Christ. It will be easy to make judgments of people I meet, both good and bad, that will inaccurately represent them, and I really just want to be able to love them.

My goal as I move forward into college is to love everyone where they are at, showing them God's unconditional and unending love for us.

1 comment: